Public Hearing Notice DeerCreek RV Park
THE CITY OF CREOLA PLANNING COMMITTEE WILL HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING ON February 28, 2023, AT 5:30 P.M. AT THE CREOLA SENIOR BUILDING (9618 OLD HWY 43) FOR THE PURPOSE OF REVIEWING THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:
1. TO REVIEW THE PROPOSED ADDITION OF A R.V. PARK TO THE CURRENT STRORAGE FACILITY AT DEER CREEK STORAGE LOCATED AT 364 RADCLIFF RD, CREOLA, AL 36525
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact City Hall for more information 251-675-8142
Planning and Zoning Board Public Notice Change of Date
Notice change of date
The Creola Planning and Zoning Board will hold its monthly meeting Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 6:00pm due to the regular date (2/21/23) being a Mardi Gras holiday.
Next month will go back to a regular scheduled date. Please call city hall at 251-675-8142 for any questions.
NOTICE TO PUBLIC – REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS ENGINEERING/ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES
The City of Creola is soliciting statements of qualifications from qualified firms and individuals interested in providing professional services related to the preparation and implementation of American Rescue Plan funds available from the U.S. Department of Treasury.
ENGINEERING/ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES: These tasks shall include, but not be limited to, assistance with preparation of a program funding plans and the scope of services to be provided by the consultant will be determined by the City. A lump sum, fixed price fee will be required. Engineering/Architectural services for all stages of design, bidding and construction of the project are required. Examples of services which firm must be prepared and qualified to provide shall include but not be limited to the following: The preparation of all necessary construction plans and specifications, the preparation of all bid documents and supervision of the bidding process that is consistent with Local, State and Federal regulations, the provision of on-site resident inspection services during the construction process in addition to regular progress reports to the City. At the completion of construction, the project engineer shall conduct a final construction inspection and issue a final certificate of completion. As-built drawings shall be delivered to the City. Statements of qualifications will be evaluated and ranked based on the following criteria:
1. Experience with COVID-related grant funding- 20 points
2. Resources and availability- 20 points
3. Experience of proposed personnel- 20 points
4. Understanding and familiarity with the needs and environment of the community-
5. Previous experience in working with locality- 20 points
Total possible points to be achieved: 100
These statements of qualifications are being requested in accordance with 2 CFR 200 UNIFORM ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS, COST PRINCIPLES, AND AUDIT REQUIREMENTS FOR FEDERAL AWARDS, and the “modified” Common Rule as adopted by the State of Alabama. A contract will be awarded to the qualified applicant whose statement of qualification is determined to be the most appropriate. The City reserves the right to reject any or all statements of qualifications, and to waive any irregularities or informalities in the qualifications solicitation process.
Envelopes containing proposals must be sealed and labeled on the outside as follows: “Proposal for Engineering/Architectural Services, City of Creola American Rescue Plan” and may be mailed or hand-delivered to Ms. Marcy Brown, City Clerk, City of Creola, PO Box 490 (mailing) 9615 Old Highway 43 (mailing), Creola, AL 36525. All proposals shall contain original signatures, facsimile copies will not be accepted. The proposals must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on November 17, 2021. All statements of qualifications will be evaluated, and an award decision will be made by the City of Creola. The City of Creola is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Funding for this project will be provided by the US Treasury American Rescue Plan and all applicable federal requirements shall be met. Minority and women owned business enterprises, as well as Section 3 persons and businesses are encouraged to submit statements of qualifications.
Don Nelson, Mayor
City of Creola
Accepting Bids for Debris Removal
The City of Creola is seeking Bids from qualified contractors to assist the City with Disaster Debris Removal and Disposal Services. Contractors provide clean-up, demolition, removal, reduction and disposal of debris on City of Creola Rights-of-Way and public properties in accordance with FEMA regulations resulting from Hurricane Zeta as directed by the City in order to eliminate immediate threats to the public health and safety. Proposers must have adequate organization, facilities, equipment, and personnel to ensure prompt and efficient service to the City of Creola.
Debris Removal Contract Provisions
Bids must be submitted with the cost of debris removal per cubic yards.
All debris should be hauled to a qualified site.
Bid documents must include itemized bid and fee schedule, contractor’s license and insurance certificates.
Sealed Bids will be received until 12:00 PM on December 10, 2020, in the Office of the City Administrative Assistant, 9615 Old Hwy 43, Creola Alabama at which time they will be publicly opened, read, and awarded at the City Council meeting at 6:00 PM on December 10, 2020. All bidders are invited to attend. Bids received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Public Hearing Notice – 8/13/20
PUBLIC INTEREST REQUIRING IT, AND PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF TITLE 11/43-50, OF THE CODE OF ALABAMA 1975,
TAKE NOTICE THAT THE CITY OF CREOLA WILL HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING AT:
Creola SAIL Center
August 13, 2020
9618 Old Hwy 43
(across the street from Creola City Hall)
Public Hearing Meeting will be 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
City Council Meeting will be at 6:00 p.m.
For the draft of the Zoning Ordinance 209, adopted May 2002, amended November 2014, prepared by the City of Creola Planning Commission and SARPC.
Public Hearing Notice – 7/21/20
The public interest requiring it, and pursuant to the provisions of Title 11/43-50, of the Code of Alabama 1975, take notice that the Planning Commission Board of the City of Creola will hold a public hearing.
Creola SAIL Center
9618 Old Hwy 43
Zoning Ordinance 209
Revised changes (see below)
July 21st, 2020
Public Hearing 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Meeting at 6:00pm
COVID-19 Response Plan – 3/19/20
PROCLAMATION OF THE MAYOR REGARDING THE INITIAL COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN FOR THE CITY OF CREOLA, ALABAMA
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 11-47-130 of the Code of Alabama (1975), “All cities and towns in this state shall have the power to maintain the health and cleanliness of the city or town within its limits and within the police jurisdiction thereof;”
WHEREAS: ALA CODE §31-9-10(1975) provides the power and authority for a political subdivision such as the City of Creola to declare a state of local emergency and, to waive the procedures and formalities otherwise required of political subdivision by law, including but not limited to:
- Performance of public work and taking whatever prudent action in necessary to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Entering into contracts.
- Incurring obligations.
- Employment of temporary workers.
- Utilization of volunteer workers.
- Rental of Equipment.
- Acquisition and distribution, with or without compensation, of supplies, materials, and facilities.
- Appropriation of expenditure of public funds.
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, the Director of the World Health Organization described the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic;
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2020, the President of the United States issued a “Proclamation on Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak;”
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2020, the Governor of the State of Alabama issued a proclamation of a state of public health emergency related to the COVID-19 outbreak;
WHEREAS, the goal of this response plan is to institute a protocol to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the City of Creola, Alabama, particularly through the use of its public facilities;
WHEREAS, this plan is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the CDC has announced that containment of the virus is no longer possible, and that community spread is occurring;
WHEREAS, this plan may be updated as new information is disseminated;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, William R. Criswell, Mayor of the City of Creola, Alabama (“City”), proclaim and direct the following:
- Effective March 16, 2020, the following persons shall not enter or remain upon any City of Creola-owned facility or property, including Creola City Hall, Creola Public Works, Creola Public Safety, Creola Senior Center, and the City’s public parks:
- Persons who have been in any of the following countries within the last fourteen (14) days: China, Iran, United Kingdom and Ireland, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, or any other country identified by the CDC as subject to a Level 2 or 3 Travel Health Notice or as a place of “Widespread sustained spread and restrictions on travel to the United States,” see https://www.cdc.govicoronavirus/20 I 9-ncov/travelers/index.html (This list may be updated);
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has been in one of the countries listed above within the last fourteen (14) days;
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital or health agency;
- Persons who have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19; and
- Persons who have a fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher), cough, have trouble breathing, or are obviously unwell.
Anyone attempting entry in violation of these protocols will be denied entry. Any person who has business to conduct at Creola City Hall but is unable to appear because of the restrictions above should contact the appropriate department by telephone at (251) 675-8142. Citizens should also refer to the City of Creola’s website at http://www.cityofCreola.org/.
- Effective immediately, the Creola Senior Center, and all City of Creola ball fields are closed to the public, pending further notice. Senior meals will continue with delivery and to-go options. For assistance with senior meals, please call (251) 675-7661.
- The City Council meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. will be rescheduled and potentially resume on April 9, 2020. Except for the City Clerk, City Attorney, and a representative of the Creola Police Department, all City of Creola employees and Department Heads are excused from attending the Council meeting. A short and abbreviated order of business is anticipated. Although the meeting is open to the public, instead of appearing in person, citizens are encouraged to participate via Facebook Live from the City of Creola’s Facebook page at hnos://ww.facebook.com/citvofCreola/ where the meeting will be broadcast live.
DONE this the 16th day of March 2020.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED this 16th day of March, 2020, that the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) poses a serious threat to the lives of residents of the City of Creola, Alabama and that a State of Local Emergency has be declared, effective 7 p.m., on this date for the City of Creola.
Notice – COVID-19 – 3/17/20
Due to COVID 19 Pandemic, Creola Municipal Court will be postponing the March 23, 2020 and the April 7, 2020 dockets and rescheduling all cases to May 18, 2020. Individuals will be notified by U.S. Mail at the last address provided to the Court. Failure to update current addresses will not excuse a defendant from missing Court and could ultimately result in a Warrant of Arrest. If you have any questions, or if you wish to update your mailing information, contact the Creola Municipal Court at (251) 675-8148 or (251) 264-2944 .